WHO WE ARE
Kate Nelson is a public policy & strategy consultant, with a focus on developing more resilient & sustainable communities.
Kate has extensive public sector experience.
In her most recent appointment, Director Community Strategy at East Gippsland Shire Council, she took a strategic approach to ensuring a sustainable future for the East Gippsland community.
Welcoming LinkedIn connections from individuals and organisations who are passionate about:
- Climate Change Adaptation
- Public Policy and Strategy
- Community Development
- Strategic Land-Use Planning
- Master Public Policy and Governance, Deakin University
- Graduate Diploma Business (Management), Monash University
- Graduate Diploma Rural Resource Management, Latrobe University
- Bachelor of Applied Science (Planning), RMIT
- Company Directors Course, Australian Institute of Company Directors
WHAT WE DO
Kate seeks to coach & assist clients to develop the knowledge, skills & capacity of their staff & the organisation as a whole.
Providing expert knowledge, advice and guidance to various organisations in the areas of:
- Climate Adaptation Planning knowledge, thinking and approaches.
- Land Use Planning Strategy, including management of complex approvals processes.
- Emerging Local Government community and policy challenges.
- Community and Social Planning policy and strategy design and approaches.
- Emergency Management preparedness, response and recovery in the community.
- Submission, report, project proposal, consultant brief and grant writing.
- Research, review of reports, proposals and approval requests.